Friday, December 2, 2016

December 2 2016


Since 2008, long before I had any ownership or financial investment in the club I have been using, improving, and appreciating the weight-room.  I would come and go, most times consciously making sure I leave the room just as I found it or in better condition, this was in my mind not only something I owed to the people who’s hard work allowed me the opportunity to do the things I do in there but also out of respect for the equipment and the club.  If I found something to be broken I would work to fix it, if I broke something accidentally, it would be my first priority to fix it myself and if I saw something that I could improve, I would do so on my own, out of my own pocket and time.  I am not and was not alone in having this outlook.  This attitude is exactly what has built the club and made the club what it is now.  When you come in to use the equipment carelessly or purposely break something, you are directly disrespecting every, coach, parent and member that has given up their time, care and money to make the club what it is and allow you to have this space to use as you do.  I am 100% aware of the stretching potential of these bands, so I know how hard you would have to work to break one, it doesn’t happen easily and it doesn’t happen by accident.  Do I really care about a 40 dollar elastic band that I don’t even use? NO….  What I care about is how negligent and disrespectful you are around and to the things that I and so many other of your coaches have sacrificed their time, hard work and money for.  When I walk in to the gym and find a broken band laying in the middle of the room, left for someone else to deal with, you might as well be spitting on the floor of your own club because that is the level of disrespect I see.  Can’t wait to find out how this happened so I can explain this to you in person…


Class at 5PM Today 

Conditioning:

6 Rounds for Time of:

24 Airsquats
24 Pushups
24 Walking lunge steps
75 Double Unders (150singles)

**25 Min Cap 

Strength:

Push Press
5-5-5-5-5

No comments:

Post a Comment