Friday, December 18, 2015

December 18 2015



Conditioning:

21-15-9 reps for time of:

Thruster 95/65
Pullup

Scale as needed

This workout is meant to be done as fast as possible with minimum breaks and in the most efficient way possible.  The standards we are looking for are hip crease below parallel to arms locked out overhead with the barbell and chin over the bar on the pullups starting from full extension every rep on the pullups, in the video below I am going chest to bar but all you are looking to do is get your chin above the bar today.  If the weight is not going to allow for a sprint we will scale it, unbroken reps are not necessary but you shouldn't have a weight that is forcing you to drop the bar every 3 reps.  If the pullups are not there yet we will do ring rows, jumping pullups, or use a band but no matter how the movements are scaled the standards will remain the same.  There will be a 10 minute cap which means the goal is to test your all out effort not to drag yourself through something too heavy or difficult for you to move fast.  Every time we do this workout everybody asks me what my time is, it has been a few years since I have tested it at this weight or as a stand alone workout, so Wednesday on my lunch break I walked in the gym loaded up the bar and tested it, my time was 3:13, not my best time ever but I stayed consistent throughout, kept the movements unbroken and was spent afterwards so I'm ok with it.  That's the outcome I want for you, so set a goal, figure out how you're going to attack it and go.  Hopefully we can get someone to beat me today because a win for you is a win for me....Get ready for some fun!!


Strength:

Strict Press
5-5-5-5-5


Click here for Video

No comments:

Post a Comment